Saturday, April 11, 2009

I need more time!

I was planning DS's daily timetable today. Gosh! I really need more time, not for myself, but to squeeze in revision slots for him. I had a very big headache planning the timetable. The first draft is out, but probably needs some revision as I test-run it. I'm not being over ambitious, but he really has got insufficient time for revision.

This is his current school day schedule.
Mon: Reach home @ 6pm
Tue: Reach home @ 1:30pm
Wed: Reach home @ 3:30pm
Thu: Reach home @ 3pm, Violin lesson @ 4:30pm
Fri: Reach home @ 1:30pm, CL class @ 4pm

I tried to plan the timetable such that there is sufficient rest time. 6-8pm is dinner cum rest & relax time. He goes to bed around 9:30pm, so from 9pm onwards will be his reading time. On his early days, revision is planned to start at 2:30pm, after his lunch and shower. Judging from the planned timetable, there are only 2 productive revision days (by productive, I mean at least a continuous of 2 hrs). Weekends are no good too. DS has classes in the morning. Evening time, we'll usually visit the grandparents. That leaves only 2 afternoons for revision. So, all in all, I have only about 4 days of 2-3 hr slots per week, which convert to 1 subject per slot. :(

This kind of revision timing would probably be all right for someone who's done consistent revision. But for him who needs to start afresh, it's really a bit tight, especially now that SA1 is just round the corner. Stressed... Well, I just have to make do with what is available and try my best to complete the revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment