Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What a long break

It sure has been a long break. I haven't been updating because there isn't much progress worth mentioning. This year DS's school has decided not to take the CA2 marks into account for the final exam. Don't know whether it's good or bad news.

The moment he knew that, he didn't bother to revise seriously for the CA2. So you know what to expect when the papers were back. The only comforting point worth mentioning was, he's scored 71 for his Chinese. I wasn't totally sure whether he's really improved since it's just one paper. I would prefer to look at the SA2 results to get a better gauge. His English, on the other hand, dropped quite badly to below 60. This is worrying, as unlike Chinese, I haven't got much idea how to coach him on English. Among the 2 languages, Chinese is my stronger one. I hope his results doesn't drop further in the coming SA2.

There are barely 3 weeks before his SA2 starts. In fact Chinese Oral will commence tomorrow. Time to plan his revision timetable again, a task which takes me much time to complete. I just hope he can complete the revision in time. He is really getting more slack than ever. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Your son in P5 this year?

    It is E-learning day for the lower primary and I was sitting with DD1 yday afternoon while she does her Maths assignment online. Not too difficult for me but when it comes to explanation, it was tough trying to ensure she understands the concept behind it. I fear when she goes into upper primary, I might not have the capability to guide her anymore. I think you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete