Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's been a long while

It's been a long long while since I last updated this blog. Not much has been happening since the Jun holidays and hence not much to write about. I do not like long holidays. The kids get too relaxed, I get too relaxed and everything will just go off track. All the momentum is lost. Believe me, it's easy to lose the momentum, but it'll take great effort to put it back in place.

In the end, we never complete the P3 Chinese revision during the Jun holidays. We're done with the P2, but only about halfway through the P3. And sad to say, I couldn't cover much of other subjects as well.

Term 3 has started for a while, but DS is still in his "holiday mood". He is taking forever to complete his homework each and every day. Most of the time, we aren't left with much time for revision. It can get pretty frustrating at times.

I am stopping the P3 Chinese syllabus to catch up with his current syllabus. The teacher is rushing through the text this term in order to have ample time for revision nearer the SA2. Fortunately, going through the text again with him gets easier this term. His teacher is now adopting similar way of getting them to write down the meaning of phrases in the text. I'll usually test him on those before I move on to explain the others. That cuts down at least half the work. Perhaps the teacher has been doing that in last term, I only see the scribbling in his text this term. Maybe he's been paying more attention in class now.

I hope I can pick up the momentum pretty soon. My engine is starting to move. The girls are back to their 基礎漢字 500 启蒙级. They're finishing book 4 and will soon be starting on the last book of this series. I have yet to find the series for the next level in Singapore though I know the publisher has already released them. If I can't get them here, my next best bet is to get them from Hong Kong at the end of the year when we go over for our holidays. As for DS, I'll need to fire up a bit more to get his engine moving too!

No comments:

Post a Comment