Saturday, March 28, 2009

What is Project Mission Impossible?

I decided to start this blog to record the journey of what I'm doing to do for the next few years. What exactly is that? It's a mission to "rescue" DS's results from its current rock bottom state. I told my close cousin cum advisor, K, about my idea of starting this blog (besides my existing blog, Pure Enjoyment, which talks about my passion). She thought it's a good idea too. :)

Why did I name it Project Mission Impossible?
The story goes like this. One fine day, I was telling K that I'm aiming for DS to get into Victoria Secondary School. The PSLE admission cut-off for the school was 246 last year. Judging from DS's current results, it is really mission impossible!

Current state of DS's results
DS is in P4 now, taking both English and Chinese as his first languages. Because of this mummy's fault (I'll cover more of that in my next post), his results have been average and below for the past years. He was always in the range of 60-79 for the past 3 years, with occasional failures. This year, his results dropped further.

In the recent class test, this was how he fare (results in range).
- English 61-65
- Chinese 46-50
- Maths 51-55
- Science 66-70

What is my target
Eventually, if DS can get into Victoria (or similar), that will be a dream come true. Even if he does not, as long as he has put in consistent efforts and shows improvement, I'll be satisfied and happy with his achievements.


This will not be an easy journey. Hopefully I can persist on. I hope this blog will encourage mothers in similar situation. Do not give up. As many have told me, it is never too late to start.

This little place will also serve as a rest and recharge corner when I feel down or face uncertainty along the way. It is always encouraging to know that someone out there is listening. :)

5 comments:

  1. Jia YOU!

    It's Never Too Late To Start and Wishing u a SUCCESSFUL MISSION AHEAD *_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I hope I can reach my final goal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women are great "planners" so the act of embarking on this "Project Impossible Mission" is a good start! If you couple it with the help of Jesus, it will be amazing! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are scaring me... I better start panicking now. Thanks for starting this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed Homemaker, I hope I didn't really scare you. It's still not too late to start doing sth. :)

    ReplyDelete